Vision & Values
Vision - Our vision for Knaresborough St. John's
- In our school, Compassion, Honesty, Integrity and Awe are our cornerstones of our vision which underpin everything that drives our school, from teaching and learning through to active citizenship in our community and beyond
.Values - Through our vision, we strive to ensure our school is filled with these eight key values:
- Inspire – We aspire to inspire our children by encouraging them to experience opportunities for learning through an enriched, relevant, creative and engaging curriculum and ensuring that we, as staff, are role models for all those in our care.
- Nurture – As a Christian school, we ensure that each child is valued and cared for as an individual. Those within our school community feel supported, respected and part of the St. John’s family and are therefore able to grow and flourish within their individual talents.
- Celebrate – All children and staff have individual strengths and these are valued as part of our school community. All achievements are important and worthy of celebration.
- Challenge – We aim to challenge all children in relation to their various starting points. Children are encouraged to seek and embrace challenge which in turn allows them to become independent and resilient learners for life.
- Achieve – St John’s encompasses a curriculum that promotes a breadth of academic and personal opportunities. We ensure that all those who are part of our school community are given endless support to achieve more than they believe is possible.
- Faith – Our Christian school embraces and respects all beliefs and faiths. The school environment enables our children to understand and learn from and about different religions. Children are nurtured so that they are able to make informed choices for their future.
- Feel safe – Our school family recognises the importance of enabling all children to feel valued and secure within their environment. There is always someone who will listen. All children are encouraged to celebrate, respect and understand one another which in turn brings about an acceptance of individuality.
- Wellbeing – We want all our school family to enjoy being part of St. John’s, where everyone is happy and supported. We share our positivity, ethos and values with the wider community so that all can benefit from who we are.