Vision, Ethos & Values
Vision - Our vision for Knaresborough St. John's
- Inspire – We aspire to inspire our children by encouraging them to experience opportunities for learning through an enriched, relevant, creative and engaging curriculum and ensuring that we, as staff, are role models for all those in our care.
- Nurture – As a Christian school, we ensure that each child is valued and cared for as an individual. Those within our school community feel supported, respected and part of the St. John’s family and are therefore able to grow and flourish within their individual talents.
- Celebrate – All children and staff have individual strengths and these are valued as part of our school community. All achievements are important and worthy of celebration.
- Challenge – We aim to challenge all children in relation to their various starting points. Children are encouraged to seek and embrace challenge which in turn allows them to become independent and resilient learners for life.
- Achieve – John’s encompasses a curriculum that promotes a breadth of academic and personal opportunities. We ensure that all those who are part of our school community are given endless support to achieve more than they believe is possible.
- Faith – Our Christian school embraces and respects all beliefs and faiths. The school environment enables our children to understand and learn from and about different religions. Children are nurtured so that they are able to make informed choices for their future.
- Feel safe – Our school family recognises the importance of enabling all children to feel valued and secure within their environment. There is always someone who will listen. All children are encouraged to celebrate, respect and understand one another which in turn brings about an acceptance of individuality.
- Wellbeing – We want all our school family to enjoy being part of St. John’s, where everyone is happy and supported. We share our positivity, ethos and values with the wider community so that all can benefit from who we are.
- Our school is a place where staff, governors, parents, children and the wider community work together to provide an education, which is inclusive and nurturing for all.
- Our work is rooted in Christian values within a happy, safe and inspiring environment.
- We strive for excellence.
- We recognise every child as an individual, promoting self-esteem, independence, respect and responsibility.
- We aim to work in partnership with parents and the wider community, as we understand that this is effective in helping children to learn and develop.
- We encourage children to be proactive in their learning by helping them to understand what they are good at and what they can do to get better. We promote a ‘can-do’ culture, and teach children that making mistakes can help us learn.
- We have high expectations of ourselves and we encourage high standards in all that we do.
At our school we value:
- Honesty, fairness and trust
- Kindness and consideration for others
- Politeness and good manners.